have you ever stopped liking somebody that you liked a lot and suddenly notice that they are a shitty person and realize how blinded you were by how much you liked them
Poor Communication Kills:
"About half of everything bad that happens in Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss could be averted if not for the characters’ refusal to explain certain things in order to keep certain information from the player, even when it is extremly obvious and logical that they should do so. The general hierarchy of screwedness is as follows:
- "Don’t worry about it" - You should be very worried.
- "It’s not important" - It’s extremely important.
- "It’s nothing." - It’s definitely something. And said something is a thing that needs to be shared with the rest of the group. Now.
- "But could that mean?… No, impossible." - Yes it does and no it’s not.
- "I’ll tell you later." - They’ll tell you after a sizeable portion of the world’s population has died as a result of them not sharing this information."